Work Ethic Diploma Program
The Chamber in partnership with Garrett County Public Schools has launched a Work Ethic Diploma Program to address the workforce challenges by creating a pipeline of prospective employees who possess those quality attributes desired by employers. By meeting established criteria, local students will earn a Work Ethic Diploma upon graduating which will guarantee them job interviews and better wages.
The Work Ethic Diploma Program is designed to address the workforce challenges by:
- Supplying Garrett County employers with skilled workers.
- Producing an emerging workforce prepared to face the challenges of a global marketplace.
- Be a filtering for hiring and selecting candidates that have demonstrated knowledge, skills, abilities, and commitment to work.
- Reinforcing the value of positive Work Ethic and commitment to successful employment.
- Recognizing a common, identifiable metric of work habits.
- Developing and improving soft skills of Garrett County students.
- Participating business/organizations will be recognized through various marketing tools i.e. on the Garrett County Chamber's website, at graduation ceremonies, through news releases and articles in circulated publications, etc.;
- Businesses/organizations will have the opportunity to provide information on current job trends, hiring process, general benefits and provide a point of contact for interested students;
- Businesses/organizations will have the opportunity to provide data/feedback on potential employees with Work Ethic Diplomas;
Contact Nicole Christian or 301.387.8745.
Students Who Have Earned A Work Ethic Diploma