This is an excellent year round full-time position with benefits.
· Directs the preparation, portioning, and garnishment of all foods.
· Maintains excellent kitchen hygiene conditions at all times.
· Tests and develops new recipes.
· Monitors guest satisfaction.
· Leads, directs, and assists with the work of others.
· Controls food and labor costs on a continual basis within approved budgetary controls.
· Makes recommendations and suggestions in hiring, terminating, suspending, and counseling to the Executive Chef.
· Maintains knowledge of all state health department regulations and ensures all conditions and standards are met.
· Participates in departmental and venue meetings, facilitating the flow of pertinent information from management to employees.
· Provides all employees with proper training and counseling as needed in accordance with policy and procedures.
· Maintains professional grooming and appearance and acts as a role model according to established grooming and appearance policy.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Culinary degree preferred. Minimum of five years previous experience in a leadership position in a multi-venue facility.