Oversees all aspects of the hotel which includes maximizing financial performance, guest satisfaction, and employee training and staff development. Maintains a positive relationship with all individual owners within the Council of Unit Owners of Wisp Condominium, LLC.
The position is senior level management and requirements are likely to evolve as the industry changes and the resort grows over time. While this position needs to maintain a good rapport with the hotel board, the reporting structure is to the Resort General Manager and the parent company.
Wisp Resort is a four-season ski, golf, and recreational destination resort. Because of the nature of the resort business, employees may be asked to perform a range of duties outside of their primary job description as the calendar, weather, operations schedule, and business levels require.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversees the daily activities of the hotel.
- Adhere to the highest standards of ethical conduct recognizing this position represents the company in the community and represents the values of the company to the employees.
- Create an environment that activates the hotel in such a way that brings in new business and increases the number of guests that return again and again.
- Prepare month-end and year-end reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead, train, coach, motivate, and provide feedback to all hotel staff, supervisors, and managers.
- Create an operating environment that assures consistent guest satisfaction.
- Be available to answer guest questions and concerns with a high level of professionalism.
- Review and approve staff payroll with departmental managers.
- Plan and coordinate capital improvement projects to maintain and upgrade hotel standards and property image.
- Under the direction of the GM and Director of Finance, create, maintain, and follow yearly hotel budget. Present to hotel board for approval.
- With guidance from the Director of Finance, evaluate and approve monthly financial reports and submit to the hotel Board of Directors for their review and input.
- Utilize best practices of revenue management to improve top-line revenue and bottom-line net income.
- Review purchases and spending for each hotel department to ensure the budget is followed and is in line with current occupancy levels.
- Approve purchase orders and submit to accounting for payment.
- Approve and sign checks from accounting for vendor payments.
- Maximize hotel revenue by anticipating market shifts - develop and monitor business levels and marketing plans.
- Certify that at least 1 year of hotel rates are loaded in PMS and online distribution is available.
- Weekly review of pace reports to adjust rates, minimum stay requirements, etc as necessary to maximize revenues both in PMS and online distribution channels.
- Send Weekly pace reports and 10-day forecasts to distribution lists.
- Compare actual performance to planned performance; identify variances and initiate corrective actions.
- Review call center volume, sales, and call recordings to ensure correct information is being provided and that Central Reservations staff is scheduled for anticipated call volume.
- Maintain knowledge of resort operations. Ensure guests and employees have the needed information.
- Ensure compliance in all areas including ADA, Pool Safety, OSHA, Guest Privacy, Evacuation/Fire Safety, Elevators, PCI, etc.
- Act as a liaison between the Management Company and the Hotel Council of Unit Owners.
- Attend Board of Director and unit owner meetings as needed.
- Keep current unit owner records including contact information, rental pool agreements, and meeting minutes.
- Provide consistent, updated information to all unit owners regarding hotel operations and recreational benefits.
- Demonstrate leadership skills within the hotel and as a department manager maintain an atmosphere of respect, fairness, and consistency.
- Maintain a strong commitment to organizational goals, values, and guest services standards.
- Maintain a guest-centric focus and safety awareness.
Successful execution of this job requires an individual to satisfactorily perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Maintain the ability to prioritize a variety of tasks under often strict time requirements.
- Exhibit an ongoing willingness and desire to learn new systems as needed.
- Work well independently, as a team member, and with all departments.
- Exhibit a willingness to accept change as an inevitable part of a dynamic business and understand responsibilities and requirements evolve.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 6 years hotel experience
- 3 years hotel management experience
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good math skills are a must.
- Knowledge and use of various softwares including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), ADP Payroll, Visual1, Siriusware, Navis, and Ving.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- ·Certifications as needed to remain in compliance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Answering/Speaking on the phone for long periods of time
- Back strain, eye strain, repetitive motion
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Hospitality office environment, resort atmosphere with many and varied aspects.
- Duties may be physically and mentally demanding or stressful at times, particularly during peak season periods.
Disclaimer: The information listed in this Job Description may only be a summary of the work involved and could change depending on the future direction of the company. The right of final decision is with the management of the company and the company is eligible to reject any applicant without disclosing the reason.