ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance activities on mechanical and electrical components used in water and wastewater infrastructure including, but not limited to, inspecting, cleaning, clearing, lubricating, adjusting, installing and repairing.
- Assists in the excavation for the installation and/or repair of water and wastewater mains and laterals, manholes, valves, pumps, hydrants and related appurtenances.
- Cuts, grinds, handles and installs pipe, fittings and related appurtenances.
- Installs bedding for pipe, fittings and related appurtenances and performs final clean-up of work sites.
- Transports tools and equipment to and from work sites, operates, maintains and utilizes hand tools, equipment and safety-related devices which are designed to lift, move, transport, maintain, repair, inspect, measure and protect equipment, infrastructure and/or personnel.
- Establishes and maintains traffic control in and around work areas.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Conscientious, self-motivated, mechanically inclined and be able to work alone.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two (2) years of experience in maintenance, repair, construction, or related field is required for this position.
A valid drivers license
Obtainment of CDL license with tanker endorsement is required within one year of employment
Qualified interested persons should submit a Garrett County Government Employment Application along with a resume to Garrett County Human Resources, 203 S. Fourth Street, Room 206, Oakland, MD 21550. Deadline for application is February 27, 2020 at 4:30PM. Applications and job descriptions are available at https://www.garrettcounty.org/hr/job-position-openings EOE