ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Read, understand and interpret schematics, ladder drawings, technical specifications and manufacture’s manuals related to repair, maintenance and troubleshooting of electrical equipment.
- Install, maintain, repair and troubleshoot electrical systems including, but not limited to: generators, PLC’s, electric motors, motor controls, flow equipment, alarm and telemetry systems, heating and exhaust systems, conduits, cable and relays.
- Perform preventative maintenance in accordance with established procedures.
- Provide technical guidance to operations and maintenance personnel and provide suggestions to improve service and operations.
- Provide electrical expertise including technical review for in-house modifications, additions and major repairs.
- Contact and work with independent contractors regarding electrical repairs and installations.
- Coordinate with Warehouse staff to maintain an inventory of electrical parts and equipment sufficient to perform repairs and complete normal installations.
- Assist in repairs of water and sewer leaks.
- Must be available to work overtime, holidays, weekends, for emergency call-out situations and on-call rotation.
- Other duties may be assigned.
This position requires knowledge of installation, maintenance, testing and repair of electrical equipment and related systems; skill in the techniques of handling tools and equipment used in the electrical trade; and knowledge of safety standards and practices applicable to the repair and maintenance of electrical equipment and related systems and to provide corrective measure for resolution of problems. The ability to develop work procedures that will provide minimum interference with plant operations. The ability to read, interpret and review engineering plans and specifications and to make simple sketches of electrical parts or systems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Graduation from High School or GED
- Five (5) years of related experience or equivalent education in electrical maintenance, installation and repair.
- Employee is encouraged to attend classes, seminars, etc. in order to improve knowledge of job related skills.
Valid driver’s license.
Qualified interested persons should submit a Garrett County Government Employment Application along with a resume to Garrett County Human Resources, 203 S. Fourth Street, Room 206, Oakland, MD 21550. Deadline for application is February 27, 2020 at 4:30PM. Applications and job descriptions are available at https://www.garrettcounty.org/hr/job-position-openings EOE