The Team Morningstar’s Information Products division is responsible for developing and delivering our core technology platforms and related services for institutions, financial advisors, and individuals. Key products include Morningstar Direct, a global research platform for institutions; Morningstar Advisor Workstation/Morningstar Office, a complete portfolio management and investing platform for financial advisors; and Morningstar.com, an investment website with research, data, and tools for individual investors. We also offer custom technology and data management solutions for enterprises seeking more unique or tailored solutions.
The Role Morningstar’s Back Office Services team requires an enthusiastic professional that is willing to learn our propriety software, contribute to daily advisor data reconciliation, and adhere to the security standards required by the industry. This position requires a person to take initiative, think outside the box, and possess a drive for quality. You will work closely with senior staff to leverage expertise to deliver the best quality of data to our advisors. This role will be based in our Oakland office
- Become proficient in Morningstar’s proprietary portfolio management software systems
- Review and analyze client data from various custodians each day in portfolio management software
- Reconcile account holding share position by troubleshooting data issues, identifying solutions and resolving discrepancies
- Maintaining all security procedures mandated by management to ensure safekeeping of critical client data
- Knowledge of financial/investment industry, accounting and/or mathematics skills is highly preferred
- Proactive with a strong initiative, excellent organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Robust analytical and problem-solving skills with detail orientation and accuracy
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills
- Demonstrate self-motivation in an independent, fast-paced work environment
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- A college degree is preferred
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.