Supervised by: Director of Underwriting & Regional Credit Officer-Central Team or Regional Credit Officer (East or West)
Education/Training: A Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree in Accounting, Finance or related field of study is preferred. In lieu of a bachelor’s degree consideration will be given to individuals with a High School Diploma and a minimum of two to three years of directly related banking experience is required along with specialized financial analysis training. Obtain and maintain appropriate Bank Product Knowledge Certification.
Skill(s): Advanced reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills; proficient interpersonal relations and effective communicative skills; above average knowledge of current lending, appraisal, and loan review regulations and banking regulations, procedures, and operations; advanced ability to analyze and interpret financial statements; advanced risk rating skills; loan structuring, covenanting and conditioning skills; knowledge of concentration risk and pricing philosophy; strong PC skills, including spreadsheet software and loan management software; advanced time management skills; technical skills sufficient to assist in training of Credit Analyst I(s); visual and auditory skills; valid driver’s license.
Experience: A minimum of two (2) to three (3) years of directly related banking experience required.
The Credit Analyst II is responsible for ensuring an effective and efficient commercial credit underwriting function by preparing financial statement spreads; providing detailed analysis & risk rating recommendations for both proposed commercial loan requests and the Bank’s top aggregate commercial relationships; analyzing collateral valuations; and assessing compliance to loan policy; and providing alternative solutions through structure, conditions and covenants to mitigate risk.
- Spreads financial statements and tax returns for commercial clients.
- Provides consistent, quality narrative financial analysis including but not limited to discussion of financial condition, cash flow & balance sheet trends, ratio analysis, loan pricing review, peer & industry comparisons, and collateral assessment.
- Works in conjunction with commercial lending staff to prepare loan submission packages for new money requests, modifications, and collateral substitutions/releases to facilitate sound credit decisions.
- Underwrites retail branch commercial proposals while addressing repayment capacity, secondary repayment sources, credit report factors, risk assessment, covenants, conditions and collateral analysis within loan presentation.
- Provides guidance and prompt follow-up to retail branch staff to facilitate timely loan decisions.
- Assesses loan proposals for Bank and Regulatory policy compliance. Assures all exceptions are appropriately identified and addressed within loan presentations.
- Provides alternative recommendations to loan structure, covenants and conditions to mitigate credit risk.
- Approves loans and ACHs within designated lending authority.
- Recommends appropriate risk ratings for new requests, ACHs, and existing loan relationship to support the ongoing risk management of the Bank.
- Completes annual relationship reviews for the Bank’s top aggregate commercial loan relationships, large revolving commitments and ACHs. Analyzes financial trends, payment history, compliance to loan covenants, and market / economic conditions to assess ongoing credit risk and evaluates / provides recommendations for risk ratings and renewal of open commitments and ACHs.
- Provides financial updates to Criticized Asset Reports. Reviews lending staff updates within reports to recommend any needed risk rating adjustments.
- Orders appraisals, completes appraisal reviews within designated authority, and conducts collateral evaluations to assure loan to value meets both policy and regulatory requirements.
- Clear real estate secured loans to close by reviewing environmental reports, property condition reports, flood certifications and appraisal values to assure compliance with loan approvals and policies.
- Provides back-up for the set-up of commercial loan requests presented by retail branch staff into commercial underwriting software system.
- Provides technical support and assists in training of Credit Analyst I and Administrative Analyst.
- Participates in the administration of the Bank’s commercial underwriting software and provides recommends for process improvements, as designated by Credit Quality management team.
- Works on special projects as assigned by Credit Quality Management team.
- Maintains a good working relationship with bank employees within Credit Quality and other departments. Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently, as well as motivated to work as a team player to contribute to the success of the department and in turn, the organization.
- Abides by the current laws and organizational policies and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment which is free of harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the work place.
- Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all internal policies, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and the bank's compliance with all regulatory requirements, e.g. Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Equal Credit Opportunity Act, etc.; ensures that the department and all personnel adhere to the same.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Actively represents the Bank in public relations and related community activities.
- Performs tasks which are supportive in nature to the essential functions of the job, but which may be altered or re-designed depending upon individual circumstances.
Operations Center and various outside locations
First United Bank and Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.