Boxing Day Cookie Tromp SnowshoeName: Boxing Day Cookie Tromp SnowshoeDate: December 26, 2020Time: 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM ESTTrip Builder: View TripEvent Description:
This will be a fun guided hike to Swallow Falls with an expert eco tour guide and freebie extras as our gifts to you!. This trip is perfect for folks wanting to learn about the park and the Deep Creek Lake Area. During the tour you will explore some of the backcountry areas of the park and off-the-beaten-path hidden areas. You will also get to visit Maryland's highest waterfalls, Muddy Creek Falls at 53ft and walk along the the gorge in the old growth hemlock forest.
If weather is snowy and snow depth sufficient it will be a snowshoeing tour with snowshoe rentals included. If weather is not sufficient for snowshoeing it will be a guided hike (and you can deduct $10 per person).
EVERY GROUP WILL ENJOY DELICIOUS GLUTEN FREE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES.
and each person will get their choice of a free 24x36 lithograph poster of the Deep Creek Lake Area, signed by your guide and local photographer Crede Calhoun.
- Learn about the plants, bears, animals and ecology of our area
- Learn about the history of the park and the Yough River
- Get the inside scoop on area dining and attractions from your guide
- Take some family photos in the forest and at the falls
- Enjoy the old growth forest and river with a fun loving expert mountain guide
- Guide will serve hot coco during the tour and some delicious gluten free chocolate chip cookies.
- All ages all fun!