7th Annual Winter FestName: 7th Annual Winter FestDate: February 15, 2014Time: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM ESTWebsite: http://www.agreatsmalltown.comTrip Builder: View TripEvent Description:
Winter Fest 2014 again features Expert Ice Sculptor, Bill Sandusky. Bill’s ice carving company, Erie Ice Works, has been a member of the National Ice Carver’s Association since 1999.
Bill, an award winning ice carver, who served Western Pennsylvania for 17 years, lived in Colorado for awhile and is now back in Erie, Pennsylvania. He is coming back for his seventh Oakland Winter Fest.
· Craft vendors at 203 S. 2nd Street
· Live carvings at 10am, 12am, 2pm, 4pm (See map)
· Book Readings & Signings from 10am-3pm at the Oakland B&O Museum with local author Deborah Wagner Brenneman. She co-wrote “Look What’s Under my Bed” with her daughter Danielle Brenneman. She will also be doing readings at 11am, 12pm, 1pm, 2pm. Kids are invited to slip on their pj’s and check it out. Books will be available for $9.
· The crowning of the “Snowflake Toddler” at 3pm in front of the Gazebo
· Sleigh Rides by Pleasant Valley Dream Rides 10am-2pm between the gazebo and Oakland B&O Museum.
· Wine Tasting at The Book Mark’et– 12pm-3pm
· Poster Signing– Deep Creek 2014 partnered with world renowned artist Mark Stutzman to create the Deep Creek 2014 commemorative poster. Stutzman will be in the Book Mark’et from 12pm-3pm to autograph these posters.
· Live Music by the Terah Crawford Band 12pm-4pm down by the gazebo.
· Masonic Lodge in Oakland open house (9am – 5pm) Join us for our Oakland Winter Fest Open House and Maryland Child Identification Program. Come inside and warm up with a hot cup of cocoa. The Maryland Masonic Child Identification Program follows the exact protocols established by The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children We collect every bit of data law enforcement officials require when a child is reported as missing or abducted, and provide it to the parent or guardian. Free of charge!
· Sunday craft vendors at 203 S. 2nd Street 10am-3pm.